Most frequent questions and answers
We have 8 simple ingredients that we use to make our syrup, and you can actually read every single one of them: filtered water, whole elderberries, local raw honey, fresh squeezed lemon juice, all-natural fruit pectin, cinnamon sticks, organic ground ginger, organic cloves.
We provide recommendations only. If you have any questions regarding how this syrup relates with your healthcare plan, please seek advice from your medical doctor.
Our recommendation for adults, 12 years and older, is to take one tablespoon each day for overall health and wellness benefits. Our recommendation for children, 12 months and older, is to take one teaspoon each day for overall health and wellness. If you are feeling run down, or are experiencing allergies/cold/flu symptoms, we recommend increasing the same dose to 2-3 times a day for a few days, then back to daily when symptoms have lessened.
Infants under 12 months should not take this syrup, because it is recommended infants under 12 months do not consume raw honey.
Your elderberry syrup will come in a glass jar with a sealed lid. These sealed jars can remain stored in a cool/dark cabinet or storage area for a recommendation of up to 6 months. After the jar has been opened, we suggest storing the syrup in the back of your fridge, for a recommendation of up to 90 days (although we are quite certain it will not last that long).
Because this is a canned product, it is recommended, like all canned goods, to keep watch for any signs of spoilage (change in smell, taste, etc…)
No, this product is entirely made of food products and is considered a food product. This product and all statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.
Elderberries, as well as some of the other ingredients in this syrup, are known to have different holistic health benefits. We highly suggest you do your own research, to see if this syrup is a good fit for you. We suggest you ask your medical provider, if you have further questions, about how this product relates in conjunction with your current lifestyle/health.,
Right in the heart of America… in Ashland, Nebraska!
This product is made in a pet and smoke free home, in a clean and sanitized kitchen, not subject to inspection, but currently operating within the cottage food laws of the state of Nebraska.
When we first started making elderberry syrup, we used the wild elderberries that we found, from the plants around the perimeter of our acreage. We quickly ran out and then we began to source our elderberries from a wholesale supplier. We did plant elderberry plants on our acreage in the Spring of 2020, however we will continue to source our elderberries from our supplier in order to make sure we can keep our supply of syrup in your hands.
- We modified our syrup recipe four different times, with an effort to get ALL four (and now five) of our children to genuinely love taking it. We think if we can get four (and now five) different kids to love the same product, chances are your kids will love it too! One product for the whole family!
- Our syrup has been tasted and loved in 49 states, also in Canada & Puerto Rico. Virtually all of our customers return to place another order!
- Our customer service is top notch! Almost all of our packages are shipped within 1 business day. Our communication is effective and thorough.
- You support a small family with big dreams! You give us the opportunity to help our children learn good work ethic and values! Our children help package and deliver orders to our shipping carrier (so if your shipping label is cut a little crooked, just smile because our 4 year old did that)! We are so grateful for each and every customer we have the chance to talk to, and we are encouraged by each review we receive.
- We truly believe in our product. We have personally witnessed the benefit of this syrup for every member of our family, in different circumstances. Our entire family truly loves and enjoys taking this syrup every day.
All sales are final, once the product has been shipped. If the order placed has not yet been shipped, you may email us (email@example.com) to cancel or change your order. If you have a concern regarding your order once you receive it, we are more than willing to work with you to resolve the issue.
Click on the “contact” tab on our homepage and feel free to feel out the form provided. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 402.779.5420.
Yes! We previously operated as Squier Family Farm, and changed to Elderberry Family in 2021.